Sunday, September 20, 2015

Pokemon Cake!

Almost a year after I baked my last cake, I took a new challenge and decided to make a Pokemon cake for my nephew. I bought a few Pokemon pieces from Amazon.com, and browsed the internet to get some inspiration.

Here is my cake:

Everything except the Pokemon is edible! (including the volcano and the trees!)
The frosting is homemade, and the trees and volcano are made of ice cream comes (and covered in frosting, of course).

The flowers were made ahead of time to allow them to dry.

I think that next time I will spread the frosting a bit more smoothly and create the illusion of grass using a frosting tip for grass.

Lastly, leftover cake batter and Pokemon were used to make cute cupcakes.


What a fun project!

Doing this cake and cupcakes took me two days. I'm sure out of practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment